Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Your favorite James Bond

Dorzac

Alphans
I agree. Moneypenny should have retired.
Yeah, i think so.

I suppose i'd have to rate Connery as my fave Bond, but Moore is a close second. They played it rather differently, so i guess i could say they are my joint faves for different reasons ! I think all the others have done really well too, and its kinda disappointing to see Lazenby get bad press about his film generally it seems, as it was one of the better Bond films - Telly Savalas is an actor i can always watch and he was a good bad guy.

I'm quite a fan of JB - i have all the films on Double DVD, except QOS, which is to be acquired soon. I'm also a great fan of movie soundtracks, and have quite a collection. Last year i obtained all the remastered Bond OST's from Amazon (up to and inc. The Living Daylights) - i think all of them have some great moments, some are brilliant all the way thru (You Only Live Twice & The Living Daylights are probably my faves)

T70MkIII

Alphans
I think Craig admirably brings Bond into the modern era. I liked the first half of QoS - not Craig's fault about the rest.

Last edited:

Dr Kane

Alphans
I think Craig admirably brings Bond into the modern era. I liked the first half of QoS - not Craig's fault about the rest.
Absolutely! But have you noticed that liking Craig as 007 is 'the love that dare not speak its name'* amongst the motivated fan (i.e. 'geek') community?

I've been slagged off in a fairly aggressive manner for liking Craig as Bond (not here, I hasten to add); I've endured some grief for liking Eccleston as the 'Doctor'. There are people out there who automatically assume old=good and new=bad, with a neophobic zeal that precludes any rational critical discussion.

Presumably these are the same sort of people who thought Gerry Anderson 'sold out' when he did live action shows like 'Space:1999'.

* = Used with apologies to any Gay forum members

eaglewingone

Alphans
Yeah, i think so.

I suppose i'd have to rate Connery as my fave Bond, but Moore is a close second. They played it rather differently, so i guess i could say they are my joint faves for different reasons ! I think all the others have done really well too, and its kinda disappointing to see Lazenby get bad press about his film generally it seems, as it was one of the better Bond films - Telly Savalas is an actor i can always watch and he was a good bad guy.

I'm quite a fan of JB - i have all the films on Double DVD, except QOS, which is to be acquired soon. I'm also a great fan of movie soundtracks, and have quite a collection. Last year i obtained all the remastered Bond OST's from Amazon (up to and inc. The Living Daylights) - i think all of them have some great moments, some are brilliant all the way thru (You Only Live Twice & The Living Daylights are probably my faves)

Any Bond that has a woman named Pussy Galore is ok in my book.

Puffy_Shirt

Alphans
I grew up watching Roger Moore as Bond. However, I have come to appreciate Connery and he certainly is the classic Bond. Moore is "my" Bond same as Christopher Reeve is "my" Superman and Shatner is "my" Kirk.

trevanian

Alphans
Connery is magnificent ... but since I like the books, I like Dalton's Bond just as much.

Brosnan gets bad press, but he really tried, just didn't have any material to support him.

Craig should be playing M's Chief of Staff or Felix Leiter (AFTER the shark got him) or a thug, he has no business playing Bond.
Good actor, but absolutely the wrong choice in terms of appearance, the worst major casting in ALL of movie history in my view
(yeah, I know that is covering a lot of ground.)

cricket

Alphans
Craig is watchable, especially in the tight swimming trunks (yum!), but Connery was and is the standard against which I hold the others. I find the new Bond's too dark for my preference and preferred that sense of the absurd the series used to have (not too 'out there', but enough to know this was make believe and not yet another dark twist on reality). Then again, I like the campy 60's Batman and the old Who, too. :roll:

Steve Gerard

Alphans
List your top ten favorite BOND movies?

List your top ten favorite BOND movies?8)

I know it is a though call...I have to this about it too.:gossip::eek:no::argue::toff:

AceMartini

Alphans
Well... Roger Moore shot Paul Foster from UFO in The Spy Who Loved Me, so that counts a little bit against him. But I guess I'd still say he was my favorite -- though I would agree that he was just too old in the last two films.

I think all the actors have brought something to the role. I think Craig takes too much heat for playing the part as it has been written for the new movies. They've all been good actors, but some have had better movies to act in.

Well... Roger Moore shot Paul Foster from UFO in The Spy Who Loved Me, so that counts a little bit against him. But I guess I'd still say he was my favorite -- though I would agree that he was just too old in the last two films.

I think all the actors have brought something to the role. I think Craig takes too much heat for playing the part as it has been written for the new movies. They've all been good actors, but some have had better movies to act in.

Moore is the best! He brought sex, death, violence and biting humour into every film.

Can't say I was keen on For Your Eyes Only - rather stale! :thumbdown:

- J :thumbup:

Last edited:

mrpsychopath

Alphans
I agree, Big Sean is the man, but even as many dont like daniel craig, I think he brings the character the way fleming wanted him to be in the first place.

Steve Gerard

Alphans
Worst & Best Bond movie of all?

Worst & Best Bond movie of all?:thumbup::thumbdown:

Worst & Best Bond movie for each James Bond actor?:toff::beer: