Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Your first Gerry Anderson item

How about this one, Fairylite friction drive? not a good copy of the toy lots of cannibalised and repro bits but it was cheap.

The SPV is about 10 inches long.

Attachments

• Fairylite Stingray 004.jpg
    Fairylite Stingray 004.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 29

Dave

Alphans
My older brother had the Century 21 SPV and it was absolutely massive!

At least I remembered it being massive until I saw one at a toy fair years later and couldn't believe how small it was!

It's a bit like when Mars Bars used to be about a foot long (in my memory!).

My older brother had the Century 21 SPV and it was absolutely massive!

At least I remembered it being massive until I saw one at a toy fair years later and couldn't believe how small it was!

It's a bit like when Mars Bars used to be about a foot long (in my memory!).

And what about the Wagon Wheels the size of a dinner plate!

Dave

Alphans
See now I thought that wagon Wheels were the actual size of a real wagon wheel (when I was a kid)!

shadokp

Alphans
I am guessing my first item was a light up Stun Gun. I had that thing forever and still have it (in my nightstand just in case). I may have also picked up the Mattel Helena Russell and the Dinky Eagle right around that time period. There may have also been a coloring book thrown in there somewhere.

So I guess I don't know for sure.

KP

I am guessing my first item was a light up Stun Gun. I had that thing forever and still have it (in my nightstand just in case). I may have also picked up the Mattel Helena Russell and the Dinky Eagle right around that time period. There may have also been a coloring book thrown in there somewhere.

So I guess I don't know for sure.

KP

I remember the Dinky Eagle very well, but never had one.

Dunc1

Alphans
A J. Rosenthal Thunderbird 2 with the Mole, I think. It would have been for my fourth birthday (July 1967) just as Thunderbirds was winding down and Captain Scarlet was on the way. Long since gone.

miger1

Alphans
Funny how all toys seemed bigger then---------the toy that even now is huge is the Century 21 Joe 90 car.

Rosenthal Thunderbird 1 I think - the small one, not the big battery controlled one, unfortunately !

Didn't the small Thunderbird 1 star in the Thunderbirds episode "Give Or Take A Million"? it was a toy resting on a table. The red plastic wheels were removed, but you could still see part off the wheels underneath the craft. It was also given landing gear just like the "Real" Thunderbird1!

Funny how all toys seemed bigger then---------the toy that even now is huge is the Century 21 Joe 90 car.

I remember seeing Joe's car in my lacal toy shop in the 60's standing with the other friction drive' cars and it looked like "The Green Giant"!

Didn't the small Thunderbird 1 star in the Thunderbirds episode "Give Or Take A Million"? it was a toy resting on a table. The red plastic wheels were removed, but you could still see part off the wheels underneath the craft. It was also given landing gear just like the "Real" Thunderbird1!

I seem to remember seeing the Matchbox Toys model no 36 1965 Opel Diplomat on the boys lap. what's interesting is that the real car had an American Chevrolet V8 engine and not an Opel engine!

JMChladek

Alphans
My very first was a Mattel Space 1999 Eagle playset that I got for my sixth birthday (man that thing was almost indestructable). Second one I got was a Dinky blue metallic Thunderbird 2 which I got when I was about age 10. I didn't even know what it was from until a couple years later when HBO started showing two hour movie compilations of the Thunderbirds episodes (and later Stingray and Captain Scarlet). Reason why I got it was I thought it was a cool looking ship design.

ALPHA ONE

Alphans
I always wanted the large mattel Eagle when I was young:yes:, Which is why I was determined not to miss out on the 23" P.E. Eagles!:yes::D

Although in many ways I think the Mattel still has the edge!:think::lol:

I always wanted the large mattel Eagle when I was young:yes:, Which is why I was determined not to miss out on the 23" P.E. Eagles!:yes::D

Although in many ways I think the Mattel still has the edge!:think::lol:

23" Eagle.That will look nice on the shelf. :thumbup: