Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Your first Gerry Anderson item

Mine was the small Imai kit of Zero X which had huge wheels for some reason. This was a gift from Hamleys in London when Thunderbirds was absurdly popular in the early 90s. I wanted a model of FAB 1 but my parents 'didn't want me playing with a pink car'. Feh!

TerraForm1

Alphans
The rubber-band powered Stingray by Lone Star. Definitely my first Anderson related toy. Must've been about 6 or 7-years-old when I got it. I still remember the heartache when I accidentally jumped down from the garden wall and landed on the unsuspecting super-sub, shattering the lower hull into what seemed like a thousand plastic shards. I kept playing with the fin-less upper hull casting until it got lost but it just wasn't the same...

Sigh, I'd love to get one of them again but the few that turn up are always beyond my means. Like all collectibles I know I'll probably never acquire, I save every picture I find on the net. Here's one I snagged:

Attachments

• 5f_1.JPG
    5f_1.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 42

JimTVFan

Alphans
Could you count Thunderbirds Channel 5 Videos? Apart from that i guess the original Tracy island which i Still have from 1992 My auntie qued up outside Toys r Us for about 4 hours for it. Plus Playset Thunderbird 2 from 1992 with all the figures.

Could you count Thunderbirds Channel 5 Videos? Apart from that i guess the original Tracy island which i Still have from 1992 My auntie qued up outside Toys r Us for about 4 hours for it. Plus Playset Thunderbird 2 from 1992 with all the figures.

I remember those Channel 5 videos. The local video library only had one of them. Only 2 episodes on 1 tape which were Cry Wolf and Danger at ocean deep. I must have rented that video out a hundred times! I was 11 at the time and I used to imagine my mountain bike was the Hood's Jeep every time I rode it!:D

"What did they mean when they said they had a fault?"

JimTVFan

Alphans
I remember those Channel 5 videos. The local video library only had one of them. Only 2 episodes on 1 tape which were Cry Wolf and Danger at ocean deep. I must have rented that video out a hundred times! I was 11 at the time and I used to imagine my mountain bike was the Hood's Jeep every time I rode it!:D

"What did they mean when they said they had a fault?"

Yes that was Volume 12 of the Channel 5 Releases i had that along with about 8 others! I used to borrow volume 11 which had The Imposters and The Man From MI5. I've still got some now but have not watched them in ages as i have the DVD's and Blu Ray of Thunderbirds.

Did anybody else remember this Kellogg's promotion? I saved up enough tokens for the Matchbox TB2 that had a little metal TB4 in it's pod. This was the first 'proper' Anderson product that I owned until the Imai kits started to show up in the local small-town model shop:D

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 30

JMChladek

Alphans
Nice picture of the box there. I could picture Tony instead of doing his "They're GRRRREAAAT!" tag line (did they even do that in the UK) instead saying "They're FAB!" ;)

All those memories. I've still got those Channel 5 videos. I remember when Thunderbirds first came out. dad had Taperecorder (Video recorders were around in the 60's but were rare and exspensive) which I would record the various episodes and play them back time after time till the tapes wore out!
Tony also said "They're GRRRREAAAT" over here also.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
The rubber-band powered Stingray by Lone Star. Definitely my first Anderson related toy. Must've been about 6 or 7-years-old when I got it. I still remember the heartache when I accidentally jumped down from the garden wall and landed on the unsuspecting super-sub, shattering the lower hull into what seemed like a thousand plastic shards. I kept playing with the fin-less upper hull casting until it got lost but it just wasn't the same...

Sigh, I'd love to get one of them again but the few that turn up are always beyond my means. Like all collectibles I know I'll probably never acquire, I save every picture I find on the net. Here's one I snagged:

OMG, I used to own one of those when it was released in the mid sixties. That is so nice to see even just as a picture, it affirms my memory of it. I can even remember rubbing my hands all over it and remembering it's shape, sweet nostalgia. Made my day Terraform1 - thank you..! :D

elder7uk

Alphans
Apart from the usual Century 21 Comics,it was the Rosenthal series of Thunderbirds Models.At least I think they were all Rosenthal

Thunderbird 1 7s 6d Tunderbird 2 14s 11d Thunderbird 3 6 bob

Thunderbird 4 and 5 were the biggest had batteries and were the most expensive at around a fiver.

I think Thunderbird 2 was the best,all the others had wheels which I unceremoniously removed.

I also remember the Thunderbirds board game around the same time about cost about 13s as far I as I remember.

fab1

Alphans
Dressed by my mum in a Tex Tucker outfit for a very early birthday! (Four Feather Falls)

Little did I know x years later I would be still playing in an adult way of course with
Gerry puppets........must be those magic feathers

MADsen

Alphans
My first Gerry Anderson item was

The DINKY 351 U.F.O INTERCEPTOR WITH MISSILE and the THUNDERBIRD 2which I got for xmas some time in the early 70´s. unfortunately I don´t have them any more... :(

But there was a very speciale xmas I remember very well and it was the xmas of 76.. there I got the EAGLE TRANSPORTER made by Airfix.. wow was I happy that xmas eve.. :) :thumbup:

Dressed by my mum in a Tex Tucker outfit for a very early birthday! (Four Feather Falls)

Little did I know x years later I would be still playing in an adult way of course with
Gerry puppets........must be those magic feathers[/QUOTE

Those magic feathers were handy.

My first Gerry Anderson item was

The DINKY 351 U.F.O INTERCEPTOR WITH MISSILE and the THUNDERBIRD 2which I got for xmas some time in the early 70´s. unfortunately I don´t have them any more... :(

But there was a very speciale xmas I remember very well and it was the xmas of 76.. there I got the EAGLE TRANSPORTER made by Airfix.. wow was I happy that xmas eve.. :) :thumbup:

I remember them well.

TV21Dalek

Alphans
I think my first GA toy was the Dinky TB2 and FAB1. I know that I also had a large TB4, a bendy Captain Scarlet and the Dinky CS vehicles (still have the MSV somewhere).
But yes, I clearly remember a green TB2 with a tiny TB4 which went missing :(

I have no idea what the big TB4 would have been... I was around 2 or 3 at the time :D

mirrorman

Alphans
Yup, Dinky Fab1 and Dinky TB2 were the first ones for me when I was a little fella.

In the mid 80's, when I started collecting Anderson again, it was a the Budgie Supercar.

TV21Dalek wrote: I have no idea what the big TB4 would have been... I was around 2 or 3 at the time

I think that would have been the Lincoln TB 4

boatshewsd2

Alphans
:2c: :wub:

THE very first, eh? Well, let's see...:think:

For me, that would have to be from Supercar's early days over here in the States: the four Gold Key color-comic issues. :read: Not sure if I still have them (and the Little Golden Book too), but given what a chronic clutter-bug I am, they may well be stashed away somewhere...

Anyway, I got the first two at the newsstand and, on reading that one could subscribe, sent off to an outfit called (I think) KK Publications. (First-ever magazine subscription!) The next two issues came folded-over-lengthways, with a brown-paper mailing wrapper. I was heartbroken when a letter came after that, saying the comic had been discontinued...! :cry:

badsimmonds

Alphans
My first Anderson toy was the budgie die cast Supercar which I absolutely loved and took everywhere with me and played with endlessly.
I also still remember quite clearly watching my first episode of Supercar, great days.