Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Zavvi Official Thunderbirds 50th Anniversary Collectors Box 1000 Ltd Run

Dorzac

Alphans
Last edited:

Dorzac

Alphans
Worse than i expected ...

Well, I got my box last week, was kinda expecting to have some crappy items in the set, but as far as i'm concerned they all are. And they only fill I reckon around 30% of the box! Wish I had'nt bothered, not worth £30 in my opinion ...

Attachments

• TB50_ZMB_1.jpg
    TB50_ZMB_1.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 23
  • TB50_ZMB_2.jpg
    TB50_ZMB_2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 65
  • TB50_ZMB_3.jpg
    TB50_ZMB_3.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 79

Boldman

Alphans
Lol that doesn't surprise me in the slightest - the marketeers think that Thunderbirds fans are mugs who will buy any old piece of tat with a TB logo on it... and from the posts I see on FB and elsewhere, I can't honestly disagree with them when some of the rubbish that gets put out is raved over by Fandersonians!

Jonathan E

Alphans
This is exactly the reason I have not bought any Anderson merchandise since the comics folded in the 90's.
I will stick the 60s and 70s merchandise thank you very much. It's astounding how manufacturing and mouldings have come along in leaps and bounds and yet we seem to get ripped off more these days, than in the good old days of collecting.

Jonathan E

Alphans
I guessed it would be full of 'tat' from the day it was announced. Unfortunately it wasn't even full. The money would be better spent on the 'Thunderbirds The Vault' book. Now there's an item worth every penny of its £20.

Dorzac

Alphans
As I said, I expected to have some rubbishy stuff, just not 100%! It was the first time I'd ever bought such a promotion, so I guess my expectations were higher, and nobody game any heads up or I had previous examples to go by. I didn't realise it would be so much of a con.

Boldman

Alphans
I'm a cynical old git nowadays so I expect most of these "limited edition" things to be total rubbish trying to rip off fans who have suspended their critical faculties because it has the logo of their favourite show on the box. I'm not trying to insult the fans pf Thunderbirds, its the nature of fandom everywhere - they are the natural prey of these sort of marketing gimmicks.

For example, a silver coin with the TB logo on is not worth NZ$50 unless thats the amount of silver in the coin! To me that is just exploiting the fans, but it will go on happening until fans as a whole start being more critical and sadly that is unlikely to happen whether you are a fan of TB, Dr Who, Star Wars or Harry Potter!

phase5

Alphans
Well, I got my box last week, was kinda expecting to have some crappy items in the set, but as far as i'm concerned they all are. And they only fill I reckon around 30% of the box! Wish I had'nt bothered, not worth £30 in my opinion ...

Well, that's disappointing. I ordered a box on the promise of something worthwhile. I'm still waiting for mine to turn up. Definitely won't be ordering anything from zavvi again. And why such a large box for so little content?

Dorzac

Alphans
Well, that's disappointing. I ordered a box on the promise of something worthwhile. I'm still waiting for mine to turn up. Definitely won't be ordering anything from zavvi again. And why such a large box for so little content?
Seems so. Dont suppose you'll get anything different, unless they are doing Parker's Personal WD40 or Lady P's Makeup Remover in place of Brains' Lens Cleaner!

phase5

Alphans
Seems so. Dont suppose you'll get anything different, unless they are doing Parker's Personal WD40 or Lady P's Makeup Remover in place of Brains' Lens Cleaner!

Still waiting for it to arrive in Australia.

The mail gets a little slow at this time of the year.

I think I shall do a little price comparison of the individual items; and then write a review on the site to let them know what I think of their "efforts".

"Ordering this limited edition box is also the perfect way to warm up for the 3 new classic Thunderbirds episodes; currently being filmed in the show’s original production studios in Slough".

I backed the Kickstarter for the "3 new classic Thunderbirds episodes" so at least I still have that to look forward to.

phase5

Alphans
Yes, so did I; I am really looking forward to get my stuff from that :yes:

The trailers and samples they have released so far look so much like the original series it's hard to believe they were only shot a few months ago.

Some good news: my copy of the "Thunderbirds Are Go" soundtrack by Ben Foster & Nick Foster just arrived. We'll be listening to it later. It's a cardboard cover with a beautiful booklet inside the cover. And it's an 1hr and 18 minutes of music. And it's Volume 1.

thunderboy

Alphans
The only way this could warm me up for the new classic episodes is if I burned it , looks like tat. As has been mentioned already best to be choosy and buy things like The Vault etc , it will give you more enjoyment then these poundland items will in the future.

Dorzac

Alphans
I've added a 1-star review to the UK Zavvi site now, hopefully to give a heads up to potential buyers. That is, if it gets through the review process, as its a "mystery" box they may not like me listing the contents!