Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

zero x build from scratch

bensmodelworld

Forum Supporter
thisone i have made about 30 years ago without any good picture from it.

Attachments

• PIC_2601.jpg
    PIC_2601.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 200
  • PIC_2603.jpg
    PIC_2603.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 152
  • PIC_2612.jpg
    PIC_2612.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 155

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Well a neat-and-tidy build and rather similar to what many people, including myself, were doing 30+ years ago. But unfortunately due to the lack of decent info back then every single detail, shape and angle can now be seen to be completely wrong. It does rather show that regardless of skill, tools and build-time the most important part of model making is what can be found in the initial research, the reference material and plan that you can assemble. Luckily nowadays theres just about everything out there to enable us to build better.
You've certainly improved over the years, the TB3 is really a very nice item.

bensmodelworld

Forum Supporter
Well a neat-and-tidy build and rather similar to what many people, including myself, were doing 30+ years ago. But unfortunately due to the lack of decent info back then every single detail, shape and angle can now be seen to be completely wrong. It does rather show that regardless of skill, tools and build-time the most important part of model making is what can be found in the initial research, the reference material and plan that you can assemble. Luckily nowadays theres just about everything out there to enable us to build better.
You've certainly improved over the years, the TB3 is really a very nice item.

thanks for the constructive criticism I am still learning and you can now easily do research on the web that was not previously you had only some fragments of the movie

hwels

Alphans
As do I. Isn't time for a Dutch 'Anderson'-convention in some way? With Ben's models, my original art from the 60's comics and what else is available it should not be impossible to do that. A location should not be the problem, I think I can rent a location in Amersfoort at a very low price on a Saturday.
Suggestions?

bensmodelworld

Forum Supporter
nice first dutch Andercon

As do I. Isn't time for a Dutch 'Anderson'-convention in some way? With Ben's models, my original art from the 60's comics and what else is available it should not be impossible to do that. A location should not be the problem, I think I can rent a location in Amersfoort at a very low price on a Saturday.
Suggestions?

It wouldt be great to make our own Andercon and i will show my models to for that, no problem

mike s

Alphans
hi hwels - what original art do you have :)

Suggestions?

hwels

Alphans
Hello Mike,

I've got about 10 originals from the 60's used in the production of the Thunderbirds extra albums. Three of them are double pages, the rest are single pages.

Here are some of them:

Attachments

• g18s01.jpg
    g18s01.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 47
  • g04s.jpg
    g04s.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 40
  • g00s.jpg
    g00s.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 42

mike s

Alphans
lucky you :)

how did you find them..?

cheers

Hello Mike,

I've got about 10 originals from the 60's used in the production of the Thunderbirds extra albums. Three of them are double pages, the rest are single pages.

Here are some of them:

hwels

Alphans
These originals were also used in the production of the Dutch version of the albums. After the closure of the publisher the artwork was left unattended in someone's attic as I understood. In the late 90's they were rediscovered and sold to a comic shop in Utrecht, The Netherlands. I bought the artwork from them. They were not cheap, so I could only buy what I still have today. I know that someone else in the Netherlands also got some of the pieces, but I don't know if he is activ on this forum.