Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Default Titan Find Liberator

I have just heard that Titan Find are proposing to re-issue the Liberator kit that has been out of production for a couple of years. The new issue will include a more accurate and simplified engine area, and will go for $150, providing they can get a minimum of 50 orders, backed up with a $50 deposit.

Shame I can't afford one at the moment, as I would have loved one the first time round, even more this time!

OO
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:08 AM   #2
szarchie
Waste Technician

Hope its Ok to respond to this but I did want to clarify that 15 preorders are needed to make this a viable project, not 50. Little bit of a difference as we are very close to 15 but nowhere near 50!!

Cheers

John
Titan Find
szarchie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Hi John,

More than ok, please post lots of pictures for us to promote the kit with ordering details. We love B7 and a re-issue of this kit will be more than welcomed. Could you clarify exactly what kits are available at the moment?
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
szarchie
Waste Technician

Glad that Blake's 7 is still popular. Love the show and the Liberator is one of my all time favorite designs. Its why Titan Find exists!

Regarding the availability of kits, sad to say this but none of them are available at the moment. I decided to re-issue the Liberator because I was getting a lot of requests to do so. It seemed that there was enough interest to justify the expense and I am going about it a little differently this time also and asking for deposits to ensure that there is a little more then expressed interest there.

If this goes well I would consider re-issuing more but it has to pay for itself.

Please check out the Titan Find site regularly as I am posting updates now that I have something to actually update!!

www.titanfind.com

Cheers

John
Titan Find
szarchie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Glad to say I was mistaken on the quantity required to make this a go-er for Titan Find, and that they have reached over the number required to ensure this goes ahead.

Can only plead with people to go get one of these. If enough order, they may be amenable to do another re-issue when I actually have enough money to join in, hopefully of the Federation Pursuit ship, or the Scorpio. Both of which I......
Well, I actually.....
I preferred the design of them to the Liberator. They just seemed to 'gel' more as a design to me, the Liberator had 3 weapons pods, 4 maroon sections and 4 nose fins, 6-sided corridors, and I think about 10 gold 'solar collectors'. so many different number combinations on a single design. The pursuit ship seemed much more appropriate a design, sleek, shark-like, and very dangerous. The 'Scorpio' seemed the epitome of a tramp hauler - run down, worn out, and subject to minimal maintainence. It is a pity that I have never heard of a decent size comparison between all 3 ships as I have always wondered what they would look like if they were all modelled in the same scale. I know we get a clue as to the size comparison between the 'Liberator' and a pursuit ship in the episode "Duel", but that is all that I am aware of.

OO
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote