Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 21-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Sage the Owl
Astrophysics Technician

Default New Galactica kits announced

For those that may not know, Moebius models have just announced that they have aquired the licence to produce kits from the new Battlestar Galactica series.
The first release is going to be the new Mk II Viper in the same scale as the old Monogram / Revell kit (1/32 ?) sometime towards the end of the year. This should then be folowed by the "G" herself, plans are more fluid after that but currently talk is of the Cylon Raider & the Raptor.
Personally I'm more of a fan of the original Galactica design but this is still good news for the SF modelling community.
Sage the Owl is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

Are these injection moulded (plastic), Resin or multimedia or something else.

I'm hoping for the injection moulded myself, maybe with some etch brass fret, to keep it affordable.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
Sage the Owl
Astrophysics Technician

Injection molded plastic like all their previous releases (except for the Conan figure).
I doubt that there will be any etched brass in the kit itself but the aftermarket boys seem to have taken a liking to their previous releases and produced a lot of "add ons" (etched brass, decals, lighting kits et all..) so i expect that we will see more of the same once they are released.
Its taken a long time but it finally appears that the SF modeller is being taken seriously at least by the smaller kit manufacturers, with accurate kits and after market products being produced in the same vein as our military modeling cousins.
Now if someone would only bite the bullet & produce a mass market large scale Eagle........
Sage the Owl is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Great news indeed and they'll be on my shopping list but I hope as with previous kits Moebius will listen to their customers and perhaps revise the scale to say1/24 with a 1/32 companion kit for the old monogram.
part of the main attraction for me fro Moebius kits apart from the obvious subject matter is that they are so far, larger than regular scale allowing for more detail and mods.

I for one am e-mailing Frank as soon as I finish this post.
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
fistius
Chef

Can't wait to see what other kits they release from the series. It is a gold mine for sci fi modellers at the moment!

Cheers, Chris
fistius is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 AM   #6
Knight1966
Communications Officer

As mentioned in earlier post, I got in touch with Frank who informs me that there will be an original run in 1/32 with a view to a larger (1/24?) Viper should 1/32 sales meet targets.
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
Space Jockey
Chef

I've only just been watching the new Battlestar Galactica over the last few weeks and I love it. I'd really like to build up a Viper.
Space Jockey is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Jockey View Post
I've only just been watching the new Battlestar Galactica over the last few weeks and I love it. I'd really like to build up a Viper.
The Mark II or Mark VII?
Old 14-09-2009, 03:43 AM   #9
Space Jockey
Chef

I just had to look up the two different types, one can tell I'm a Battlestar Galactica newbie

I like them both, really nice designs. I really like the Raptor too. Are there models of the Raptor available?
Space Jockey is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 06:30 AM   #10
fistius
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Jockey View Post
I just had to look up the two different types, one can tell I'm a Battlestar Galactica newbie

I like them both, really nice designs. I really like the Raptor too. Are there models of the Raptor available?
As far as I am aware, there are 3 Raptor kits out there, in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/24. The two smaller kits are available at Starship Modeler, the big 1/24 kit is OOP and can be hard to find.

Cheers, Chris
fistius is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 18-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

If I was able to get them I think I would go for the two marks of Viper and the Raptor. The Cylon Raider and Heavy Raider would make nice kits as well.